Thursday, December 27, 2007

The "C" word.

The animal hospital called yesterday to tell me that the results came back on the mass taken from Tana's eye. It's Squamous Cell Carcinoma. While I was trying to breathe again, the guy on the phone asked me if I knew what those terms meant. Yeah, I know, its CANCER. My dog has skin cancer. That's one word you never imagine you'll hear associated with your dog. I'll have to take her to an oncologist for a consult. The vet said they'd probably want to do a "further resection" on her eye and "aspirate the lymph nodes on that side of her body". Another surgery, ugh. My poor puppy. I asked about further treatment and he really didn't know, that's why they're referring me to an oncologist. I'll keep you all updated as we go along here.

How about another random picture just to lighten the mood?



The River Walk in San Antonio. We went to San Antonio last year for Lynn's nephew's graduation from basic training at Lackland Air Force Base. We stayed in a lovely hotel right on the River Walk, it was so beautiful there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy, I feel with you! We lost both of our beloved dogs in 2006 - a couple of months apart - to illness. After going through months of treatment we can relate... If you would like to talk, leave a message on the Las Vegas Knitters Yahoo group, ok?
Mara

Mary Sarah said...

Hi Mindy,
I'm so sorry to hear the news about Tana. I hope all goes well with the oncologist and pray she won't suffer with anything. Poor baby. Keep us posted.

Angie said...

Hang in there, lots of thoughts and prayers are with you and Tana.

/hugs

O'Malley said...

poor puppy :( Hopefully the growth that was removed was the whole extent of it.