Tuesday, December 11, 2007

100th post

Hey ya'll it's my 100th post! Woo hoo! Took me a while to get here, hopefully the next 200 won't take as long. You know that hat I mentioned on Monday? It's finished. I don't have any pics, I gave it to one of my hubby's friends. Mike had asked me to make him a hat because he was the only guy in the company who didn't have a one. It's finally gotten cold enough to need a hat here. I've started another hat now, this one is for my hubby:



This is Misti Alpaca Hand Dyed in worsted weight 4 ply. It's so soft and beautiful. It's a delight to knit with, I think I'm in love. This colorway is navy, tan and brown, I bought it at Nancy's Quilt Shop. They have another colorway in pinks and browns that I might have to go back for. I did go back and get some more alpaca to make a couple more hats.


This first one is more Misti Alpaca worsted in a solid blue. Color #6309. This is sort of a dusty, country blue.


This second one is Classic Elite Inca Alpaca color #3302. This one is very soft and has a bit of green running through the blue. I want to make a hat for our roommate, Dave. I knew it had to be blue, but I wasn't sure which one he'd like. He picked the Inca Alpaca. So I'm thinking I might pick up some beads and make an Odessa hat from the Misti Alpaca.

The guys really like this yarn too, it will be very soft and comfortable to wear. I told my husband he was getting an "upgrade" from $2.00 acrylic to $20.00 alpaca. He claimed he deserved it. Ha ha ha. Maybe just this once since he did give me an Ipod.

No comments: