Sunday, December 09, 2007

Happy Anniversary to me!

This past Thursday the 6th was my 14th wedding anniversary. 14 years!!! I can't believe I've let him live this long. :) He surprised me with a really cool present:


An iPod Nano. I love it! It has 8 gigs of memory and I've filled it half full already. I had a Rio Carbon that was 5 gigs and completely full. The volume button on it had broken (on loud), I've been using headphones with an in-line volume control for quite some time now. Hubby decided I just couldn't have a broken mp3 player anymore. He's really quite sweet sometimes. Anyhow, I was able to upload all the music I had previously copied to my laptop for the old player. It took over 5 hours for the computer to convert all the songs files (from Rio's file type to iPod's file type). I had over 1000 songs. The file type iPod uses must be smaller somehow, because it took up a little less space than before.

The iPod requires you to use iTunes to manage your files. Having access to the iTunes store could be a really bad thing for me. I downloaded a handful of music videos just so I could see how the video quality is on the Nano. It's really clear and looks great. Those cost me $1.99 each. Songs are $0.99. I have to resist the urge to look at the music, I could spend a fortune! Instead I have been listening to Podcasts, they're free. I've really enjoyed them.

Here are some of my favorites so far:

CRL with Vickie Howell

Knit Picks Podcast

Lime and Violet's Podcast

Yarn Craft this one is from Lion Brand yarns and the current episode has a wonderful interview with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

I still have a few others to listen to, I'll let you know if I like them. No, they aren't all about knitting, I did download a couple of other subjects.

No comments: