Sunday, March 04, 2007

Unfinished socks

It is with great sadness that I tell you my first knitted sock remains unfinished. Unfortunately, it may never be finished for I am apparently allergic to wool. I tried on my half-finished sock to see how it was going to fit (it’s a little bit big). After a few moments of stretching it and contemplating the adjustments I would need to make, my foot began to tingle and itch. It still felt uncomfortable a couple hours after I had removed the sock. Strangely enough, the wool does not seem to bother my hands, aside from drying out my skin. I’ve also realized that working with the wool gives me a headache. I do have an ongoing problem with headaches, but the wool seems to make them much, much worse. So for the moment the sock is on hold. I’m searching for some cotton yarn to try. My local yarn store tells me they are getting some in soon and will call me. I’m also considering trying a hemp yarn. Lanaknits Designs has some that I have used for other projects in the past.

In the meantime, I am making sample hats for two beanie/skull caps I have designed in crochet. I will put the patterns up here as soon as I have my samples done for pictures. I am also working on a design for a knitted dishcloth. I will probably make this a free pattern as well. I plan to have several small items available as free patterns to “get my name out there”. I’m contemplating some other designs to submit to publishers. I also have a “set” that I am considering self-publishing. I’ll tell you more about that later.


Here's a preview of the dishcloth.

1 comment:

Angie said...

The dishcloth is really pretty and I like the asymetrical-ness (is that a word?) of it. Also, I am so impressed with your talent for design...you are amazing!

/hugs
Angie