Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sock progress and headache update

I went back into my stash in search of possible sock yarn and this is what I came up with:


Lion Brand Baby Soft Twinkle Print, it’s a sport weight, 60% acrylic, 40% nylon yarn. I thought it would make a great “practice yarn” and the stretchyness is good. (Just don’t tell the “yarn snobs” I’m making socks with acrylic yarn, they might faint.) I think these will be nice house socks for me and if the yarn is good enough for the babies its good enough for me! I’m working “top down” and have completed the first sock through the gusset decreases so I’m on the home stretch. I’ll be looking for some assistance when I get down to grafting the toes. Haven’t quite figured out that Kitchener stitch yet. I’m working on size 3 DPN’s and I’m getting some laddering between the needles; I’ll have to work on that.

I’ve still got some of the pink left over from the Fetching wrist warmers, I was wondering if I have enough to make a small pair of socks for my friend’s daughter…

I ordered the Yarn Harlot’s new book and a sock book from Amazon; they should be here tomorrow. I’m trying the resist the urge to order some sock yarn from The Loopy Ewe. I still haven’t placed my order for the hemp yarn. I have some in my stash I want to try out first. I did swatch it up a couple of weeks ago, just haven’t cast on for the socks yet.

The headaches are improving. I went to a nutritionist last week, she ran some tests to see what parts of my body are weak and gave me supplements to take. I feel like I'm taking an entire bottle of pills every day. They're doing something for me, I haven't had any hot flashes in the last week!

1 comment:

O'Malley said...

A hot flash would probably feel nice today :D hahaha
I'm glad you are feeling better. Its amazing how good you feel when you eat well. I know I feel better now.
Talk to ya later.