Friday, August 17, 2007

One skein?

I haven’t broken down and cast on any new socks yet, but I did have a breakdown of another kind. I’ve been eyeing Red Heart’s new Soft line since it came out. I’ve been dying to try it out but I’ve been resisting it…until today. I went to Michaels at lunch and three skeins of the Lavender color just begged to come home with me. I haven’t turned into a yarn snob yet; I still love my easy care acrylic yarn.

I’m thinking I’m going to try this shrug again, the "shracket" version. I had attempted this once before in Red Heart Super Saver in a variegated color I just loved. The problem was I only had one skein and it just wasn’t enough…and wouldn’t you know it…Red Heart had discontinued that particular color. I could only find it online and was just too lazy to order it. So I frogged my progress and wound the yarn back up. I still haven’t decided what to do with it now. I’m still very much in love with the colors in it. What can you make from a single skein of variegated Red Heart Super Saver?

3 comments:

Angie said...

I have a book of "One Skein Wonders" that you can borrow. I have been resisting the red heart soft yarn too, but I may break down soon as well.

/hugs

Mary Sarah said...

A scarf. That's what comes to mind first, but now that I think about it, what about one of your cool hats? I'm back from SA now and catching up on things. Hope you're doing great!

O'Malley said...

hmm if the colors are right, you could make some squares for charity. Pass on the love! :D