Thursday, August 16, 2007

For the love of sock knitting

Twice a day I go outside with my friend and co-worker to take a break. She smokes, I knit. Today one of our shop guys happened to walk by. He stopped to say “Hello”, then looked at me and said “You’re knitting!” He sounded a bit surprised.

I answered him, “Yes, I am.” Hee hee hee, I’ve just shocked another Muggle!

Then he asked “Is that a sock?”

“Yes, it is.” Woohoo, I’ve reached the point where my tube of knitting is recognizable as a sock.

Just for fun I did some knitting in a bar yesterday when my friend and I went to lunch. Might as well, that place is a little slow with the food. My friend looked a little embarrassed to be seen with me knitting there. She’s just begun to crochet; I don’t have her fully converted yet.

I received a very lovely surprise yesterday. My friend, Angie gave me Knit Picks new Double Pointed Needle Sock Set! I’m so excited; I can’t wait to try them out. It’ll be a couple of weeks though, since I currently have three pairs of socks going right now. Although, don’t be surprised if I break down and cast on another pair, just because I can.

2 comments:

O'Malley said...

I have almost finished my first sock!! :D I can't wait for my first away game a week from Saturday! I am going to knit on the football bus!! :D In the team colors of course! hahaha Let me know how the knit pics are!
Margie

Angie said...

Darn it!!! Wanted to be first, bleh. You are so very welcome and I hope you do break down and cast on a new sock with them.

Good job on freaking out a muggle too.

/hugs