Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Enough with the pity party!

Hey ya’ll. I’m still not feeling to good, but I am doing a bit better. I made an appointment with a new doctor to get a “second opinion” on the liver disease diagnosis. I’m working on gathering test results and medical records to take with me. I’m also trying to write down my medical history, symptoms and concerns to discuss with him. I really need a game plan to tackle this new condition along with all the other ones. I’ve also been trying to eat better and I have already lost a little weight. The exercise part is a little harder since I have no energy and I’m feeling so tired. I’ll just have to start slow.

If you’ve read my blog in the last week you may have noticed that my little Avatar over there was pouting. Her arms were crossed and she had a very sad look on her face with a background scene of question marks. I was feeling very upset and confused about this diagnosis, but a dear friend helped me feel better. When I came home from work the other day my husband pointed out a white binder and told me it was for me. Puzzled I picked up and looked through it. One of our friends (who also works with my husband) had printed out several articles on Fatty Liver Disease, treatments, vitamin therapies, and more. He neatly organized it with dividers and wrote me a supportive note on the first page. I was so surprised and touched. Thank you, Will.

So, I’ve changed my Avatar. That cheering crowd is all my friends and family supporting me right now. I love you all!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yay for supportive friends and family and yay for a new happier avatar. :)

/hugs
Angie